Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Swoon

I have always had a very strong connection to music.  As a kid I was fortunate enough to have parents who not only valued but also loved music themselves!  Whether it was my mom playing music in the kitchen or car, my dad playing music in his office [loudly I might add], or my mom encouraging my sister and me in piano, violin, and flute, music is something that all of us hold dear.  SO, when I describe how The Chemical Brother's song "Swoon" tugs on my heart strings like you wouldn't believe, it's only something you'll understand if you've ever been there.  I seriously find myself losing a breath each time the melody kicks in (and yes I feel silly admitting that).  No it's not a slow love ballad, but I like to think of it as a love ballad for a younger generation.  And if you don't think electronic music can evoke amazingly strong emotions- you have no idea what you're talking about.




Add the video to the soundtrack and forget about it- I'm in love.

'Just remember to fall in love... there's nothing else.'

No comments:

Post a Comment