Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Je M'Amuse

Currently, I am having a serious French moment. Between yesterday's amazing meal at Bistrot Zinc in the Gold Coast, tonight's planned outing to the newly opened Paris Club, my electroswing Pandora station which favors songs with french and latin flairs, Montreal Fashion Week currently running, and Paris Fashion Week coming in a few short weeks- I am feeling so... je ne sais quoi!

Let me break down that list to make sense of it all.

1. Bistrot Zinc
I had a fabulous dinner last night with Team Laura (there are 2 of them!)
. We had the best mussels I have had in Chicago by far- the cream sauce is on another level! Accompany that with some amazing 2006 cabernet, escargot, and salads galore, and you've got yourself quite the flavor party! If you are anywhere near the Gold Coast and enjoy mussels, this is a must!

2. Paris Club
Paris club opens to the public tonight in what used to be Brasserie Joe in River North. It is owned by the same people as it's next door neighbor Hub 51. I am excited to see what kind of crowd and vibe this place has at night! Hub 51 has a decent bar scene so we'll see if Paris Club can do the same.

3. Electroswing
According to Wikipedia (so it must be right) "Electroswing is a genre of electronic dance music thta mixes up electronic styles like House music, and Downtempo with Swing music."

I found myself tiring of all my music and for Gatbsy inspired reasons decided to create an electroswing Pandora station by searching for the most popular artists in the genre. What my Google search came back with was Caravan Palace. This Paris-based French electroswing group might be a tad quirky at times, but their music was a welcomed change for me at work.




4. Montreal Fashion Week
I found these fun pieces from Nadya Toto's show in Montreal via the Vancouver Sun - I lust after that black furry purse and the white furry skirt :




5. Paris Fashion Week
Lets just say I'm excited for it! I cannot wait to see photos since I *sadly* will not be in attendance.


À bientôt mes chéris!


UPDATE:
I did not make it to Paris Club due to an early bedtime induced by a food coma. Will be heading there in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment